Finger Lakes Racetrack
A premier entertainment destination in Upstate New York. Finger Lakes Gaming & Racetrack boasts a 30,000-square-foot, smoke-free facility that includes over 1,500 video gaming machines and offers live thoroughbred horse racing mid-April through early December. Easily accessible from the New York State Thruway, we're proud to offer our guests free admission, free parking, top-notch valet service, plenty of dining choices, and live music. With so many options all under one roof, Finger Lakes Gaming & Racetrack is the place to be for heart-pounding excitement and entertainment!
Gaming Hours of Operation: Open Daily 8 a.m. to 4 a.m.
AS OF 1/1/17, Simulcasting has been suspended at Finger Lakes Gaming & Racetrack. We apologize for this inconvenience to our valued customers. The gaming floor will maintain its normal operation (8am - 4am). Please check back for further updates.
Guest Services available at Finger Lakes include:
- Complimentary Coat Check: Available seasonally from October to April
- Valet Parking: Available for a $4.00 charge (free for handicapped drivers)
- Beverage Service: Complimentary non-alcoholic beverages available
- Cash advances: Cash advances available at the Cashier’s Cage
- Smoke-Free Environment: Smoking is not permitted inside the facility
- Extensive Dining Options: Vineyard Buffet, Platinum Grille, Tim Horton’s, Sevens Sports Bar, and more!
*Guests must be 18 to enter gaming floor, play video gaming machines, wager on horse racing, or dine at the Vineyard Buffet, Platinum Grille, or Sevens.
Finger Lakes Gaming & Racetrack is New York's home for live thoroughbred racing! Located among the abundant wineries and spectacular vistas of the beautiful Finger Lakes region of New York, Finger Lakes Gaming & Racetrack is a favorite destination for local residents and the thousands of tourists who visit the area annually.
With approximately 160 race days each season, Finger Lakes Gaming & Racetrack has hosted over 62,000 horse races and entertained over 19 million fans since its opening in 1962. Come experience the excitement for yourself!
It all began on May 23, 1962 as Pure Village took the inaugural race at Finger Lakes with a winning time of 1:17 3/5 for six furlongs. In the five decades since, ‘the thumb’ has hosted some of the sport's greatest jockeys and thoroughbreds, including Hall of Fame riders Angel Cordero, Pat Day, Julie Krone, and Bill Shoemaker. Other notable events at the track include:
Fresh off a Triple crown sweep on Affirmed in 1978, Steve Cauthen attracted a crowd of 11,030 and set an on-track wagering record of $765,580
- In 1996, the legendary horse Fio Rito was buried in the Finger Lakes infield, becoming the first horse buried on the Finger Lakes grounds. The locally based New York State Horse of the Year (1980) stepped into the national spotlight by winning the Whitney Handicap at Saratoga and dominated at Finger Lakes throughout his career, winning 19 of 27 starts.
- In 2006, the New York Breeders' Futurity featured the largest purse in the history of the track at just over $250,000
- On July 4, 2007, Funny Cide became the first-ever Kentucky Derby winner to race at Finger Lakes in the $100,000 Wadsworth Memorial Handicap. A crowd of more than 12,000 watched the champ charge from behind and pull away down the stretch in the final race of his career.
In 2002, Finger Lakes introduced an Equine Swim Facility - one of the only aquatic facilities on track grounds in the country. The property also added video gaming machines in Feburary 2004, transforming itself into a multi-faceted entertainment destination. Our annual season of stakes is headlined by the New York Derby in July - the second leg of the Big Apple Triple for New York-bred 3-year-olds. The New York Breeders' Futurity in early Autumn is also a highlight.
Our 450-acre property currently houses over 1,200 race horses in 21 barns. Along with the world-class equine swimming facility, Finger Lakes maintains a one-mile main racing track, a half-mile training track, and nearly 1,200 video gaming machines, and has welcomed more than 1.7 million visitors.
DELAWARE NORTH AND FINGER LAKES
Finger Lakes Gaming & Racetrack is owned and operated by Finger Lakes Racing Association, Inc., a subsidiary of Delaware North Companies, Inc. One of the largest privately owned companies in the United States, Delaware North was founded by Marvin Jacobs as a concessions business in Buffalo and now operates food service, retail, hospitality, gaming, and entertainment outlets in the U.S., Canada, Europe, Australia, and New Zealand.
After starting out selling popcorn at the Academy Theater's gallery, Marvin Jacobs and his brothers Louis and Charles expanded the business over the course of nearly 100 years.
- In 1919, the company began baseball concessions in Baltimore and Buffalo.
- In 1930, the brothers secured their first Major League Baseball client, providing concessions at Tiger Stadium in Detroit.
- In 1940, Delaware North obtained their first airport contract at Washington National Airport.
- In the 1960's, the business continued to grow, providing services internationally for the 1960 Olympics in Rome, the Royal Ascot Race Track, U.K., racetracks in San Juan, Puerto Rico, Expo '67 in Montreal, and other ventures across Canada.
- In 1968, Louis' son Jeremy Jacobs took over the business upon his father's death and currently serves as the Chairman and Chief executive Officer, a position he has held since 1968.
- In 1979, the company changed its name to more accurately reflect its new expanded business. Delaware North was chosen when Jeremy Jacobs looked out his window and at the intersection of the street where the mansion still sits today.
One of the largest privately held companies in the United States, Delaware North Companies currently has over $2 billion in revenues and employs 50,000 associates worldwide. The company has maintained a reputation as a world-class leader in the industry with subsidiaries that include:
- Delaware North Travel Hospitality Services
- Delaware North Sportservice
- Delaware North Parks & Resorts
- Delaware North Gaming & Entertainment
- Delaware North Boston
- Delaware North International
Guest Path is committed to “Creating Special Experiences One Guest at a Time”.® Our staff is committed to honoring this service promise everyday, ensuring each and every guest that comes to Finger Lakes walks away with excellent service from all of our associates. We take pride in our facility and our associates, and Guest Path reflects our focus on improved customer service for you, our guest!